Monday, September 21, 2026

Jakob Söderqvist Crashed

 The crash of Jakob Söderqvist that definitively decided the battle for the bronze medal.

This is what bronze medallist Paul Seixas said after the race:
“Söderqvist was very solid, he fell. It’s not something we appreciate even if it suits me. I have this slight bitterness at the thought that I finished 3rd because a guy fell and we don’t know what could have happened.”
And this is what Jakob said:
“I’m fully OK. It’s just some lost skin… and also a bit of lost ego, maybe. It’s just a bummer that there wasn’t much of a gap to a medal. You know that maybe this crash is what took it away.
“But I knew I had to take every shot to have a chance to compete with the best guys, and so then I took a bit more risk than I usually do today. But I was happily surprised that I was up there contending with the best.”


No comments:

Post a Comment